Emerald City Supporters

Proud Supporters of Seattle Sounders FC

Away Trip - Minnesota United - 5/4/19

Travel with ECS to see SSFC play outside of Seattle.

Are you interested and planning on attending the FRIDAY night pre-prefunction?

YES!!
43%
I can't make it. :(
43%
Maybe! (Explain in comments)
13%

Total votes : 30

Unread postby RightFootHammer » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:22 pm

Tickets are now on sale to ECS members AND non-members!!

You can get tickets here: https://www.weareecs.com/shop/product/1589-minnesota-united-away-may-4-2019

ECS MEMBERS -- be sure to log in to get your discount! And remember to verify your email address before purchasing tickets!

New this season: Minnesota United decided to build their own stadium in the middle of nowhere (checks notes) Midway which is actually just an area of St. Paul that is sorta between St. Paul and Minneapolis. The Green Light Rail line runs right through Midway. So, we're good!!

Pre-Pre-function (FRIDAY 5/3): --Heartland Horde has asked us to see if people are interested and able to go to the pre-pre FUNC on Friday -Please vote in the poll so we can get idea of how much interest there is in having a Friday night event!

Friday night is get to know your neighbors with Heartland Horde at Brit’s Pub in Downtown Minneapolis! Are you flying in early on Friday? Do you already live in the area? Good job team! This is the official-unofficial meet-up for Friday night. Come for the drinks & Heartland Horde merch, stay for friends and the rooftop lawn bowling.

Match Day! (SATURDAY 5/4):
Looking for something to do or maybe you just can’t sleep past 6am, the St. Paul Farmers Market is 0.3 miles away (about 4 blocks) from our prefunc location. Go for some food truck breakfast or “window shopping” –Just remember that Allianz Field has the same clear bag rules as CenturyLink Field.

The official prefunk location this year is at 12welve Eyes Brewing (141 E 4th St. Saint Paul, MN 55101 https://12welveeyes.com/) in the downtown SAINT PAUL area. NOTE: This is different than past years due to the new stadium location. 12welve Eyes is very conveniently located about 3 minutes from a Green Line Light Rail Station and an 18 minutes rail ride to Allianz Field.

Skyway Grill & 12welve Eye have a food delivery partnership - food service will occur for the whole duration of our prefunk. If you are unfamiliar with cold places in general, they have a “skyway” to walk from building to building during blizzards and such. While it won’t be that cold in May, it does mean you can order a beer or a flight, take a look at one of the Skyway Grill menus on the tables in the brewery (also found here http://skywaygrillstpaul.com/bar/), then order by phone or online and enjoy tasty beer while your food is delivered to your table!
Did someone say TOTCHOS?

So now you know:

Tickets open to everyone! :disco: :welcome:

New Stadium in "St. Paul" :gives:

New Prefunk Location in St. Paul :drinknsing:

We're getting poutine & totchos :rockon:

:flag1: EBFG <3 Bee
RightFootHammer
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby bmvaughn » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:57 am

Airfare booked. Wondering where folks are looking at for lodging... not much in the area
bmvaughn
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby Maleko13 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:05 pm

Dave and I usually stay at the Marriott City Center, it is close to the prefunc at Keiran's Irish Pub, and the night before shenanigans at Gluek's Tavern
Maleko13
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby jayw913 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:30 pm

My wife and I are likely in for this one. Why did I think Allianz was in Minneapolis and not St. Paul? Anyone who's done this before (at least to the UM stadium), easy enough to stay in Minneapolis and head out for the game?
jayw913
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby freps » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:38 am

I do not recommend trying to go light rail from downtown Mpls to Allianz. You will go right past two major Loons Supporters stations and be deluged. The better option is to stay in downtown St. Paul and take the light rail from there. This is also a reason why we should be looking at pre func on the St. Paul side of things. I live here, btw.
freps
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby bmvaughn » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:40 am

Agree - I was looking at St Paul rather than Minneapolis.
bmvaughn
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby jetkeeper_12 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:56 am

Should be there with drum. Not me in particular playing it; but we should have it there.

Also, can confirm it’s St. Paul, not MPLS, would be a logistical nightmare to get there from the OG pre func
jetkeeper_12
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby bee » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:03 pm

Maleko13 wrote:Dave and I usually stay at the Marriott City Center, it is close to the prefunc at Keiran's Irish Pub, and the night before shenanigans at Gluek's Tavern

Just a head's up: Due to the new stadium location Prefunk and the night before meetup with Heartland Horde may not (read: most likely will not) be the same bars/locations as previous years.

Please don't plan your hotel stays based on what ECS has done in the past. As your Travel Monkey for this away trip, I don't want you to be upset if you book a hotel that isn't stumbling distance from the prefunk bar.

That being said, we'll have details up soon so you can start booking hotels. Promise.

BV
bee
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby bmvaughn » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:13 pm

Looking at the Residence Inn in St Paul. It’s new and has decent redemption rates for Marriott points. It’s Uber-able most anywhere I need from there
bmvaughn
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby jayw913 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:50 pm

Tickets acquired! Looking forward to joining in, making a Fargo joke or two and yelling my face off.
jayw913
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby hawaiimeekus » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:23 am

bee wrote:
Maleko13 wrote:Dave and I usually stay at the Marriott City Center, it is close to the prefunc at Keiran's Irish Pub, and the night before shenanigans at Gluek's Tavern

Just a head's up: Due to the new stadium location Prefunk and the night before meetup with Heartland Horde may not (read: most likely will not) be the same bars/locations as previous years.

Please don't plan your hotel stays based on what ECS has done in the past. As your Travel Monkey for this away trip, I don't want you to be upset if you book a hotel that isn't stumbling distance from the prefunk bar.

That being said, we'll have details up soon so you can start booking hotels. Promise.

BV

Any updates on prefunc? I've booked airfare from NYC, BnB near light rail, and rental car. Gonna bring my MSP-local cousin along, and my brother might fly in from Burien - seeking deets to fills in my weekend schedule. Thanks!

-"Pretzel" Mark
hawaiimeekus
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby ariceups » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:25 am

I'm looking at tickets, and I have a question for people who are familiar with the airport/city. If I land at 1:25, would I have time to get my ticket and get to the game?

Thanks!
ariceups
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby jayw913 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:04 am

ariceups wrote:I'm looking at tickets, and I have a question for people who are familiar with the airport/city. If I land at 1:25, would I have time to get my ticket and get to the game?

Thanks!

I can't speak for ticket logistics pickup, but that is PLENTY of time, MSP is a quick ride to town/stadium location.
jayw913
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby bmvaughn » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:16 am

Only risk is a delayed flight!
bmvaughn
ECS Member 2019

Unread postby bee » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:58 pm

hawaiimeekus wrote:
bee wrote:

BV

Any updates on prefunc? I've booked airfare from NYC, BnB near light rail, and rental car. Gonna bring my MSP-local cousin along, and my brother might fly in from Burien - seeking deets to fills in my weekend schedule. Thanks!

-"Pretzel" Mark

Stay tuned! There should be a monkey invasion by the end of next week (possibly this weekend if the cards align)! I do know that the prefunk will be in or very near to St. Paul AND on the light rail. All of that information will be in the top placeholder post once it's confirmed.
bee
ECS Member 2019

Next

Return to Away Trips